You already saw the images, this is both a beauty and a beast of an app. It’s made by Autodesk, a company of highly professional individuals that have tons of experience in this sphere. It’s made for you, whoever you are. Whether an already relatively famous artist or a beginner, this app can help you nonetheless. All you need is creativity, all the tools you need are already inside. Like we already mentioned, you can simulate ink, pencils, synthetic brushes to blend colors or achieve texture. You probably are aware that everything you do requires your smartphone GPU to work hard and render.
Have no worries, as SketchBook – draw and paint is already optimized for that. It will use the full computing power of your device to achieve the best results. Furthermore, the UI is made with a lot of feedback from users and allows for some surprisingly good features. For best results, use it with a stylus. There are tons of tools which you simply will have to see for yourself, but the main ones are as follows. Ruler, Radial Symmetry for best and symmetric designs, Ellipse, PSD (Photoshop) files are supported, and more. In the end, what really stands out is the Scan Sketch feature. Take a picture of something you like, and the app will make a digital version of it.
Features of SketchBook – draw and paint app:
- One of the best apps for digital drawing
- Tons of tools, optimized UI for best results
- Made by professionals, offered for free
- 170 default brushes
- Mimic ink, pencil, blend colors and add texture
- Take a picture of something you like, the app will convert it into a digital drawing
- Great rendering engine, takes full computing power of your GPU
- Insanely good tools – Radial Symmetry for Mandala designs, draw a line and replicate it
- Predictive Stroke makes your lines straight, draw perfect circles and squares
- PSD support for Photoshop native files
- Autosave and infinite Undo – never lose your precious work. Correct all mistakes
- In the end, use their Pro version and subscription service if you like it
- With Pro version, you get an access to all tools, all brushes, every update