To be honest, Threema app is intended for very serious, secret-keeping purposes. It comes equipped with high-grade end-to-end encryption. You can chat, voice and video call, and keep everything private and out of reach. That especially means the governments, big corporations or other services that want to access your data. Additionally, all local files you send are also encrypted and stored locally, to prevent malfunctions and stealing. Certainly, the key is stored on your device, so you’re the only one that has a physical access. That should prevent all the exploits and backdoor from gaining entrance.
In the end, if you’re not a fan of apps, they also offer a Threema Web application, so it’s accessible from multiple devices. What’s more – remember how we mentioned governments and data collections? It is a big issue in 2017, where Google and other services collect our data and sell our shopping habits. Well, with Threema, you won’t need to worry. You don’t even need an e-mail or a phone number. They’re 100% secure, located in Switzerland with great user-friendly laws there. For the features of Threema, you’ll have to pay only a small fee if you want to use it for something really serious. Also, to make sure you’re talking to a trusted person, you can confirm their account by a QR code, or a key fingerprint.
Features of the Threema app:
- Create a voicemail, write text messages
- Ability to make an encrypted voice call
- Allowed to share pictures, locations
- It is an absolutely anonymous and encrypted messaging tool
- Send a variety of files, pdf, gif, picture types
- Conveniently reply with a quick agree/disagree feature of Threema
- If you’re not sure who’s the other person, verify the profile by QR code
- Groups can easily be created
- Make a poll among your friends or colleagues
- If you don’t have a current access to app, use Threema Web
- Dark and Light theme